DFC’s Portfolio for Impact and Innovation (PI2) initiative aims to bridge the financing gap for early-stage social enterprises with innovative solutions to challenges facing the developing world.
PI2 applicants will be evaluated based on various criteria including the following:
- A business model with intrinsic, measurable, and scalable social impact
- Socially responsible investors/partners
- A product, service, or business model that is innovative and/or targets a new customer segment or geography
- Ability to execute strategy based on team experience, background and composition
- At least one year of operating history
- Beyond “proof of concept” phase with quantifiable results
Applicants interested in PI2 should complete the DFC financing application through the forms dashboard. Once an application is submitted, the assigned DFC investment officer will determine if a project meets the minimum impact and credit criteria for PI2. If selected, the project will go through the PI2 underwriting and approval process tailored for smaller, high impact projects. Projects that are not selected for PI2 can still be considered by DFC under our standard DFC financing procedures.
For more information, contact PI2@dfc.gov.