Terms and conditions vary by transaction but the basic parameters are as follows:
The loan tenor is typically between five and 25 years, with a maximum of 30 years, depending on the type of project and its debt servicing capability. It is common to allow a grace period on principal repayment at the beginning of the term, however each transaction will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. DFC can tailor flexible disbursement and amortization, although our most common repayment schedules are quarterly or semi-annual.
DFC financing ranges from $1 million to $1 billion. DFC also works with co-lenders to bring sufficient resources to larger projects.
Interest and fees will vary depending on the project. A summary of key costs is presented below. Please consult with your DFC finance officer for more information.
- Upfront Retainer Fee covers due diligence costs such as travel to the project site
- Facility/Origination Fee a one-time, flat fee usually paid at the time of loan agreement signing or first disbursement
- Commitment Fee an annual percentage charged on any undisbursed amount
- Interest Rate a negotiated spread over the base-cost of funds
- Maintenance Fee an annual fee charged to cover the cost of monitoring the loan
- Other fees related to the cost of the services of outside consultants or attorneys that may be required by DFC, related funding costs, and any expenses related to registration or notarization of documents
DFC processes transactions as quickly as all parties are able to complete the necessary procedures and documentation.