As America's development bank, DFC offers many opportunities for young and seasoned professionals looking to broaden and apply their expertise in an innovative, rewarding, and fast-paced environment.
We are looking for outstanding candidates from a variety of fields and disciplines to augment our small and talented staff:
- Employee Benefits
DFC offers employees a range of agency-specific benefits:
Parking, Subsidy Bikeshare Program, Discounts, On-site Fitness Center subsidy, Childcare Subsidy, Emergency Childcare Program, Flexible Work Schedules, and Telework. For additional benefits offered to U.S. Federal employees, please visit the Office of Personnel Management website.
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
Certain employees at DFC are represented by a Federal Union, the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) Local 1534.
DFC’s unpaid Student Internship Program offers challenging opportunities to more than one hundred undergraduate and graduate students each year.
DFC internships offer valuable experience that contribute to educational and professional growth, and may be applied in any future employment endeavor, including federal, state, and local governments or in the private sector.
Applicants for DFC's unpaid Student Internship Program must apply via USAJOBS in order to be considered for placement. Applications are accepted year-round; however, if targeting a specific internship period, DFC recommends submitting your application by the following dates:
- Summer - Apply by March 1
- Fall - Apply by July 1
- Winter - Apply by November 1
- Spring - Apply by January 1
You will receive notification if you are referred to a DFC Internship Coordinator for further consideration. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond individually to application status inquiries.
Please visit USAJOBS to view current internship vacancies, learn about DFC Offices, and review specific qualification requirements for each internship. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Diversity at DFC
DFC strives to ensure that its workforce is diverse, inclusive, and representative of the populations it serves. DFC ensures that Diversity and Inclusion and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles govern all aspects of personnel policies, program practices and operations to successfully attract and retain a diverse workforce. All phases of employment—recruitment, hiring, evaluation, promotion, transfer, assignment, training, benefits and separation—are conducted in compliance with EEO laws and regulations. Moreover, DFC strives for a harassment-free workplace.
Statement on Equal Employment Opportunity, Equal Pay for Equivalent Work, and Nondiscriminatory Practices
DFC is an equal opportunity employer, meaning it provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Additionally, DFC provides equal pay for equivalent work regardless of gender.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placements, promotions, terminations, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training/professional development.
Compliance with Federal Legislation and Presidential Executive Orders
Adherence to EEO principles and practices will enable DFC to comply with the following Executive Orders and federal statutes:
- E.O. 13171 Hispanic Employment in the Federal Government
- E.O. 13583 Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce
Additionally, implementation of diversity and inclusion principles will help to ensure a more substantive and robust response to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and employee and public inquiries into DFC employment, engagement/retention, diversity and inclusion practices and EEO compliance.
- To Authorize Certain Noncompetitive Appointment in the Civil Service for Spouses of Certain Members of the Armed Forces
- E.O. 13518 Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government
- E.O. 13548 Increasing Federal Employment of Individuals With Disabilities
- E.O. 11103 Providing for the Appointment of Former Peace Corps Volunteers to the Civilian Career Services
- E.O. 12721 Eligibility of Overseas Employees for Noncompetitive Appointments
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- The Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008