Our Development Focus
- Prioritize low income communities. Focus at least 60 percent of all projects in low-income and lower-middle income countries, and in fragile states.
- Catalyze $75 billion in investment. Invest more than $25 billion and mobilize an additional $50 billion by the end of 2025 across priority sectors including technology and infrastructure; financial inclusion; healthcare; energy; agriculture and food security; and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- Empower women and other underserved communities. Support 12 million women and 6 million marginalized individuals.
- Introduce technology. Elevate innovation and technology across at least 50 percent of the DFC portfolio.
- Create jobs. Invest in projects that will support the creation of 100,000 local jobs and work to protect worker rights.
- Expand and diversify client base. Add 15 new clients each year with 30 percent of all clients based in developing countries.
Read the Roadmap for Impact
DFC’s Development Strategy provides a framework for maximizing impact by mobilizing $75 billion over the next five years to projects that will provide basic services to at least 30 million people in developing countries around the world.